The ‘Tradition’ is an all-encompassing marching band consisting of the members of the ‘Pride’ marching band and all 9th and 10th grade students from North and South Intermediate High School. The ‘Tradition’ will perform on the field during the pre-game ceremonies and in the stands of all home varsity football games.
The ‘Tradition’ will provide a means for uniting members of the Broken Arrow Band Program from the 9th through 12th Grades. The ‘Tradition’ will provide an entertainment contrast from that of the ‘state of the art’ and contemporary ‘Pride’ Marching Band. The ‘Tradition’ will achieve an entertainment contrast by performing a pre-game program that will remain the same from year to year, and focus on enhancing school spirit and patriotic duty.
Membership of the ‘Tradition’ will include all members of the ‘Pride’ marching band and all 9th and 10th grade band students from North and South Intermediate High Schools. Membership to Senior High students is by director approval.
Rehearsals for the ‘Tradition’ will take place at a variety of times and places, but are not limited to the following:
- School Band Class: Students will rehearse various musical and visual techniques during their band class that meets during the school day.
- Saturday Rehearsal: The ‘Tradition’ will learn the pre-game show during a rehearsal to be held on a Saturday in the month of August.
- Dress Rehearsal: A Dress Rehearsal will take place after school at the Broken Arrow Memorial Stadium on each date of a home varsity football game. Transportation will be provided by the school district.
- A Detailed calendar with all rehearsal dates and times will be provided to each student in the ‘Tradition’ as well as posted on the internet at brokenarrowpride.com.
The ‘Tradition’ will perform in a variety of situations.
- Pre-game Show: The ‘Tradition’ will perform a traditional style Pre-game show at all home varsity football games (in a style similar to most major universities)
- Varsity Pep Band: The ‘Tradition’ will play in the stands at all varsity home football games.
- Intermediate H.S. Pep Band: Each 9th and 10th grade member of the ‘Tradition’ will perform in the stands at two (2) Intermediate H.S. football game.
- Parades: The ‘Tradition’ will march in a variety of community appearances and parades including but not limited to: Homecoming Parade, Christmas Parade, and Rooster Day Parade.
Each member’s costs and fees are based on but not limited to the following:
- Uniform Accessories: Each student purchases their uniform shoes, uniform T-shirt, Casual uniform polo shirt, gloves and ball cap. These items are ordered as a group to achieve the lowest possible discount pricing to each student.
- Trip Food: The members are fed during every ball game performance.
Tradition members receive a grade on their report of progress and their permanent transcript in conjunction with the requirements of the band class (i.e. Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band). 9th and 10th grade students receive the equivalent of a PE (Physical Education) Credit for their completed participation in the “Tradition”. Grades fall under the guidelines of the Broken Arrow School Board Policy for Performing Ensembles.